Saturday, January 15, 2011

THEY BROUGHT IN THE HEAVY HITTERS (KARTR STORY)

Blog number 478******** 15 January 2011

Some lady was asking me what I was drawing. I told her it was private. She kept asking, so I gave her a green card. She read it and said, "wow" and handed it back.

I went back to drawing. Five minutes later she came back and said, "You know, we could have been friends. I'm an artist too. I waited until you were done before I asked you and you hand me this card that asks for $50 bucks."

I said, "Well, I always get interrupted and that breaks my concentration."

She said yeah, but you are in a public place, drawing, and she said some other stuff that I can't remember.

Finally I got a chance to speak and I said, "Can I tell my side of the story?"

She thought about it then said, "sure."

I told her about getting interrupted constantly when I draw, mostly by gay men using it as an excuse to hit on me. That's why I made the cards. (Two gay men sitting nearby heard this comment. I hope they pass it around.)

She said, "Well I'm not a gay man and I'm not hitting on you."

I said, "OK. Thanks for scolding me. I deserved it."

The reason I didn't wanna talk just then was that my drawing wasn't going so well and this makes me surly.

Hah! Right now I am surrounded by three women.

No comments: