Thursday, January 21, 2010

WEATHER 'TIS BETTER TO SUFFER THE SLINGS AND ARROWS, ETC.

Blog number 366 **** 21 January 2009

It's raining in Arizona. How do I know this? Because the local news stations are continuously breaking into my favorite shows in order to inform me of this. I didn't buy this TV in order to watch weather reports. I bought it in order to watch the programs they so heartlessly override.

The main guy says they would not interfere with the regular programming to report this rain. He said this right after weather reporting over the first five minutes of "The Mentalist." Then he said he wouldn't interrupt any more of the program, but not five minutes later, "We interrupt this program to report reports of tornado activity."

Then a few minutes later? He interrupted again to report, "We don't have any reports of tornado activity."

And when the regular program is running, after a report complete with diagrams and colored maps? Then they have a large scroll running across the bottom third of the screen, describing what's happening with the weather. They don't do any of this during commercials. I wonder why?

Reminds me of my time in the military, the stupidity of it.

You would think, from the excitement in the news room that weather only happens every decade or so. These guys would probably go nuts if they lived in the Midwest where they have real weather.

Bitch Bitch Bitch.

No comments: