Saturday, January 9, 2010

A PEEK INSIDE AN ACTIVE MIND

Blog number 358 **** 09 January 2009

I'm sitting in an easy chair in Starbucks writing this tome, essay, note, whatever, because my wife is talking to someone and I don't feel like joining the conversation and I am tired of reading the book I brought and I have to place my eyes somewheres other than on my wife or her companion because for sure my wife will ask me if I am wanting to go, which I ain't, and this would bring me into the conversation, which I don't want. I'd really like to just sit and watch them talk, but like I said, I can't. So I am writing, not because I want to, or because I have anything to say, but only as a distraction for my real wants.

Life is hard.

I spent $25 of my $2 bills just before I sat down. I didn't want to do that, wanting instead to use my Visa card, but it was the old foot-in-the-door effect. The register said eleven something, so I gave her six of my bills and she said she needed $12 more. "Oh, yeah, I thought. Two pounds of Starbucks' coffee is gonna cost more than $11. Twice that, actually. As it turns out. So, in for a penny, in for a pound. I gave her six more bills.

No comments: