Friday, January 15, 2010

WANDERING THE HALLS

Blog number 363 **** 15 January 2009

I went to the doctor for my annual checkup. After weighing me and checking my blood pressure, they put me in the waiting room. A little later two nurses came in - one was teaching the other. The teaching one told me, "We're going to take your blood pressure again, check your bone mass, take a sample of blood, give you an E.K.G, and you need an X-Ray."

I asked, "Am I going to die?"

My wife and I went out the next day, and since we happened to be passing by the X-Ray place, we decided to go in and get the X-Ray. Since we hadn't planned on going there, I wasn't dressed for it. I was wearing my bib overalls.

I had to unsnap my overalls and hold them about my waist while they took the pictures. Then the girl told me I had to grab the bar above my head with both hands. She asked if my pants would stay up. I said, "Probably not. You won't do anything, will you?"

When I grabbed the bar, my pants did fall down, so there I was in a room with two pretty young girls with my pants in a puddle around my ankles. Every old man's dream.

No comments: