Friday, January 15, 2010

I LIKE YOU, SO I'LL KILL YOU LAST

Blog number 364 **** 15 January 2009

My mind can be changed by others. Yeah. I know. Weird, huh? Never thought it could happen, but just shows to go ya.

Yesterday I hated pigeons. Flying rats, right? Now I think they are kinda neat. "How did that happen?" you ask. Well, this lady author that I'm reading talks about people's attitudes towards pigeons. She says pigeons have a bad rep because they are so plentiful. Like rats. Like any animal of which we that we think there are too many. She says to remember that at one time passenger pigeons when migrating covered the sky from horizon to horizon for hours. Then they became extinct. Now we wish them back.

She says pigeons were brought here from Europe where they were called, "rock doves" because they nested in rocks. Here, they found tall buildings, so they used these as rocks. Building doves, I guess they are now.

So now I can look at these pigeons I used to hate so much and pretend they are doves.

Maybe I can think of another name for selfish arrogant greedy non-caring people I occasionally run across and find them endearing.

It could happen.

No comments: