Tuesday, July 8, 2008

BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. WISH I HADN'T.

Blog number 193                                                        08 July 2008
This entry is kind of an experiment.  I haven't made an entry in a while and fans are starting to get testy.  I used to read Jon Carroll every day in the SF Chronicle and I don't know how the guy does it.  Or how any daily columnist does it. 

One runs out of things to say.  Maybe they have a more exciting life than I do.  My days are filled with TV watchings, reading, and napping.  Not much to write about there.

My bird disappeared.  I dunno where.  Been gone a week or so.

My sprinkler system crashed.  Got a new one yesterday.  I went out and watched the guy put it in and I wish I didn't have to do that.  He was one of those guys I usually hide from.  A talker, ya know.  I learned more about things I never wanted to know anything about than I can use.

He told me that somebody sold the buyer of the system I had, a bill of goods.  It had places for twelve stations, and the one he put in had spaces for four stations.  I use three. 

After he told me that, I commented - or started to anyhow, that the house next to me had one of those and all the houses in this development had them.  I didn't get any of that out because as soon as I started to tell him that, he interrupted and said, "Did you hear what I said?"  Well, yeah.  But what's that got to do with my life, ya know? 

Isn't that a strange things for anyone to do - what he did?  He must have thought he said something really, really important and he wanted to make sure I understood.

I never did say much that whole "conversation" we "had."

We're going to Phoenix today, maybe take Kiki (my daughter-in-law) to the library.  I wish I could talk about Kiki more, but that has been forbidden to me.  She's so funny.  It's like I know the location of a silver mine, but it happens to be on posted land so I can't mine it.

I think my lady friend is up.  I hear her moving about.  She was up real late last night, sleeping to the sound of her TV.

We're putting Zipper in the bathroom while we go to Phoenix.  Way too hot in the garage.

The weather has been way cooler lately.  It was only a hundred degrees yesterday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the vantage point of my side of the cup of coffee, I have wondered as much as you about how daily columnists are so prolific every single day. Do they just look outside their windows, see a bird, and the words just spew forth?  Speaking of birds, I believe I just saw your mourning dove finding nourishment on my lawn the other day. I think she is making her way back to you and violet after you guys left for Phoenix. ---angel

Anonymous said...

I think it was those sasme two birds sitting on the fence by their nest we saw yesterday. I check now every time before I let the cat out.  The birds did that teh last time they nested.  I wonder what ahppened to them.  maybe the eggs didn't lay and they got tired and left.  I hope that was it  I dunno what kind of an animal eats teh shells, except a snake.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh...snakes? I used to be afraid of snakes, especially little green garden snakes. Then, I grew up, married, and had a farm with a house that had no basement. The charming little reptiles would come up from the brook that ran through our land and nestle under our house. My husband turned an outside shed into a playhouse for our daughter, Teresa, who was 4 years old at the time. One day, I saw her pick up a huge rock and aim it toward her little brother. She smashed the head of a fairly large black snake that had wiggled its way out from under our porch toward him. We've called her Teresa, the Snake-Slayer, ever since. However, the snake population dwindled down when we started raising hogs in addition to our sheep. Pigs eat snakes....And that, dear Brothers & Sisters, is how Patrick (saint and hog-farmer) rid Ireland of the snakes. No kidding! ---angel

Anonymous said...

There were always a lot of garter snakes around when I was a kid.  The baddest thing about them was they made your hands stink when you picked them up.  My brother once got bitten by one, made  a blister  rise on his finger.  That snake reared back like rattlesnakes do, and Bam!  Strike.  I never saw a garter snake do that before or since.

Anonymous said...

I was born and raised in AZ.  We are living in Florida now...husband is in the Air Force.  We are currently stationed at MacDill AFB and just love it here.  I still have most of my family in AZ so I hear about the heat all the time.  So far Florida has remained cooler than AZ but we have that lovely humidity here.

Anonymous said...

We have humidity here too in the monsoon season, which is now.  Need a shower every day. I feel so sticky!