Monday, July 21, 2008

PARANOID? HOW WOULD I KNOW?

Blog number   195                                                    22 July 2008

So I get my coffee, my paper, my apple fritter, and I go to my favorite reading chair by the window.  Two young Oriental girls are sitting on the love seat, looking at a lap top.  I don't make eye contact with them.  They have one chair of four, a purse is sitting on another chair and a bag on another.  "My" chair is free.  I think, from what I see, that they are trying to "fence off" the area so they won't be overheard or bothered.  This has happened before, and by two young Oriental girls, so I figure it is the same girls, doing the same thing.  That first time, Teresa moved the chairs and trash can they had arranged to fence off the area, and just sat down.  I followed.  They left.

I'm reading my paper, consciously ignoring them, when two young oriental boys sit down in the two "held" chairs.  Off and on during the time these four were talking - some kind of business with the laptop, I get the feeling I am getting glances from them.

Just before they leave, I think I hear, from one of the boys sitting across from me, something like, "I'm glad you could join us."  Now up until then, they have been speaking a foreign language - I think they were Chinese.  I kind of dismissed it because that would be kind of weird except, it was the only time I thought I understood what was said, it was said by one of the boys, and it was said just before they left.  I was also pretty sure that when he said that, that I got several glances from the both boys and one of the girls.  Purportedly to see how I would take it?

Sound like paranoia?  Of course, you weren't there to experience it, so I am the only expert in this particular area, but on the other hand, it concerns me and my ego, so could I be unbiased? Yes, definitely.  Why?  Because I am exceedingly humble.

You can't argue with that.

Well, you can - but it wouldn't do you any good.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no tolerance for that kind of behavior...especially in kids or people younger than me.  I dont think you were being paranoid.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Robin.

I know what you mean about rude youngsters.  They can kinda get to you.  Their only saving grace is that they know not what they do.  They don't realize there is another person in that body.  Very egocentric.