Sunday, June 5, 2011

I WOULD FILE THIS UNDER "GOOD DAY" WITH ADDENDUM.

Blog number 519 *******   05 June 2011

Traveled to Phoenix today, went to BJ's, ordered Thai shrimp rolls, drank two glasses of Porter beer. Yummy yummy beer. Not the taste, primarily, but more the texture. It's like drinking velvet. Although the taste is terrific, the texture is unbelievable. Nobody believes it.

I fell in love with porter the first time I tried it. People ask why I don't marry it, then. I just say, "maybe I will." That usually shuts them up.

Left BJ's, two women, one carrying a baby, and a little girl with short pigtails, lanky form like a seven year old, but probably between four and five. I put my hand on the little girl's head, fully expecting to be either ignored or glared at, but she looked me right in the eye and gave me a big hug! Wow! Didn't expect that. Very rare experience. Joyous experience.

We think maybe her grandad touches her head like that and she reacted thusly. Dunno for sure, don't really care.

Went to Barnes and Nobles where my lovely lady ran into a Protestant lady who wanted her to come to her church where the lady knows another lady who channels Jesus to heal people.

Why can't the lady talking to the light of my life use Jesus to heal? Why does my one and only need to go to another lady? This lady is probably not holy enough. I can't think of any other reason.

This lady was pretty adamant, My lady got kinda short with her. I pretended to be listening to my headphones, but I had the radio turned off so I could listen in. Like James Bond.

The lady was kinda scary lookin' too. That probably didn't help.

This reminded me of the time I went back to Graettinger, Iowa for a visit and ran into a woman who was an  alumna of my High School. She told me that she was waitressing in her dad's cafe, and this crippled man often came in and one day because she felt so sorry for the man, she stood over him, placed her hand on his head and spoke in tongues, trying to heal him. She said the cafe was crowded with lunch guests at the time

She told me that she was so scared when she thought of doing that, that she hesitated doing it for a long time but she finally screwed up her courage and went ahead and did it.

I was very impressed with her bravery in doing what she thought was right even though she knew others would look upon her as a kook. Not everyone can do that.  To me, she was a spiritual warrior, but I never told her that and I often wish I had.

Oh, yeah. Tomorrow is June sixth and you know what anniversary that is, don't you? Well, don't you?

My nephew who still lives in Iowa sent me the following after he read this Blog entry.


"Very good looking lady.  Was our neighbor.  She got a bit strange as she got older.  Took to taking in stray dogs.  Fenced in her yard so she could keep more.  Sis Glazer I believe.  Glazer's cafe.  The crippled guy drank a lot.  Made his own beer.  Drank a bit with him now and again."



2 comments:

Just Me said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You mentioned the archives weren't visible? I have posts going back to 2004, you should be able to read the whole mess, archives are on the right, at least on my computers.

Don Reynolds said...

You are very welcome, Spit. I'm going to go there again as soon as I finish this.

My not finding the archives? I plead stupidity.

Thanks for writing. I love comments. I don't get enough of them.