Tuesday, June 28, 2011

MY FELLOW CITIZENS

Blog number 527 ************** 28 June 2011


This morning I was woken from a pretty nice dream by a ringing phone. A machine told me that it was calling from Something Something Customer Service and asked if I was being audited by the IRS. I hung up since I was too sleepy to listen to such nonsense, but now I wish I had listened because it probably would have informed me of some other nonsense that I could write about here and now. I come from scarcity when it comes to writing.

Later I got to thinking about this. I am more than 80 years old and I have never been audited and I have never known anybody that was ever audited. So why did these people think they could blind call someone on the off chance that they were being audited? Seems like it is a pretty rare occurrence, population-wise.

And even if someone was caught that was being audited, what was the guy doing, sitting there wringing his hands hoping a machine would call asking if he was in any trouble with the IRS? I don't think so.

I can't help but think it is those aliens checking in on us without having a clear concept of what humans are up to. I could be wrong, but why else would I have gotten that phone call? Huh? Huh?

No comments: