Sunday, December 19, 2010

SORRY FOR THAT, FOLKS

Blog number 447 ******** 19 December 2010

I wrote an entry. I was fearful of catching hell from offspring, caught it instead from my wife, deleted that entry on her demands, substituted this one for the other "bad" one. The bad one wasn't bad. It's just that various members of my immediate family have fears that I don't have, so I am not allowed certain freedoms of expression. So if you happened to catch that other one, you will probably be one of the few that got to it before it was redacted. Redacted in this sense meaning disappeared, not just blacked out.

It was funny - especially if you know my wife personally. If you don't, well then, you are missing a great treat. It was a discussion between her and one of my sons and it was a stereotype of what it is like to talk to her.

While I gotcha here, did you happen to catch that tearful outburst by upcoming Republican Speaker of The House, John Boehner? I'm not a political animal at all. In fact, I don't vote. Don't want to encourage them, you know. He was crying because of the lack of possibilities for children to realize the American dream. What a nut! When I saw this, I thought, "THIS is what is leading us?"

That guy was either on something, or he has severe emotional or neurotic problems.

I had a friend up in the mountains who spent some time in Japan and he said if he ever did anything kinda nuts, the Japanese would just say, "Oh, he's a foreigner." Forgiven that way. So now, in this country, ever once in awhile, if he does something stupid, he just pretends that he is a foreigner here.

So here I am pretending that Boehner is a foreigner and that's how they act in his culture. That way I don't feel so embarrassed being an American. "Not one of us."

No comments: