Saturday, December 25, 2010

JOY TO THE WORLD BUT MOSTLY TO ME

Blog number 449 ******** 25 December 2010

This entry that is still in my mind and as yet unwritten, contains two themes. I have not decided as yet as to whether I will separate them and put them in two different entries or combine them both into this one entry. You, who are existing in my future, know which choice I am going to make - and my future self also knows, but I don't. It will be somewhat of a surprise to me.

I had a very good Christmas this year. Might even be the best I have ever had. I didn't have the angst over gift giving that I usually have, so I could just enjoy the people and events. My youngest son, my daughter-in-law and a friend were over. Also I had a surprise that my Tulpa friend, Anna from across my back fence came over with her mother. She is SO cute!

Yesterday I hung a bunch of Christmas presents for Anna over the back fence and while we were eating mid-dinner, I heard children screaming. I mentioned hearing children, thinking they were up the street where a bunch of kids sometmes play and my wife responded, "Maybe Anna found her gifts."

I ran out and looked and the gifts were gone, so that WAS what the children's screams were all about. I have hung several presents there over the years and I always imagined that they would just be happy that gifts were there, but to actually hear the delighted screams was a real joy, once I realized that that was what they were.

I think this was my first non-Bah Humbug Christmas. And that's a good thing.

Isn't it?

Of course it is. Don't be silly.

No comments: