Monday, November 3, 2008

WHEW

Blog number 242 **** 03 November 2008

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I just Googled "oil+dinosaur" and discovered that the jury is still out on whether oil really came from dinosaurs, and if I can read between the lines, it is a pretty doubtful thing that it did.

I have for many years seriously doubted - for many reasons, that dinosaurs devolved into crude oil, but I had nothing with which to back that up except common sense. Now I got something else. I got Google.

Next on my list - The source of the creation of the physical world. Does it come from the brain?

2 comments:

Paul Higginbotham said...

Don, I have read that scientists have incontrovertible proof that there are literally oceans of oil under the Earth. They said oil is created by hydrocarbons under great geologic pressure. They first discovered this when they were surprised to find "empty" well had completely filled up. I do not think there were enough dinosaurs and plant life to have created the trillions of oil we now see under the planet. It was fascinating.

Paul

Don Reynolds said...

Yeah, the Google thing I read thought it more likely that the oil may have come from microbes.

It also related that oil has been produced from microbes in the laboratory, but personally, until I have better evidence, I like to think that oil may be a hydrocarbon liquid "rock."

I'm as much an expert as anybody else in this. Right?