Monday, November 3, 2008

POKING THE BEAR DAY

Blog number 241 **** 03 November 2008

My left eyeball got all red from a broken blood vessel under the membrane. It looks pretty gross. I wear sunglasses so as not to scare the babies, but since I can see normally, I often forget to wear them. After all, I can't see my eyes.

Yesterday the kids came. I was in the house so I didn't have my sunglasses on and my daughter-in-law, Kiki, went kinda nuts when she saw me. I found out later that she thought I had gone blind in one eye and didn't tell anyone - I was keeping it a secret, you know.

Really fast, frantically, and with her Thai accent, she says, "Dahdi! What you do? How many fingers I hold up? What's the matter with him? Dahdi! Why you so mean? NO! Close one eye! How many fingers? No! The other eye! Dahdi!

She starts looking around for help, but everyone is laughing so hard nobody can do anything but. The instructions she gave me and the questions, came so fast one after the other that I couldn't respond or answer with anything but laughter. It was all so funny. But not to her, of course.

She's a trip, I tell you.

She has been working really hard on becoming a good person - a saintly person. And she has made really good progress. I am so proud of her because I know what it takes to change one's self. One has to suffer humiliation for one thing.

With that in mind, we were sitting in a booth at Mimi's, talking about her, and Derek started telling us about when they first got married and she got angry, saying that was the old Kiki. She got real mad and said, after a few choice words, "You want to see the old Kiki?" A threat that sounded like she might call up the Devil to inflict some serious hurt. Scared the hell out of us, I'll tell you.

Derek calls it "poking the bear " when anyone teases her.

And she's so tiny and sweet! Very strong personality, which makes me all the more impressed with her spiritual development.

I love her to pieces.

It's kinda scary writing this entry. I don't think she reads my Blog, or even what she would think if she read it, but I do know she gets kinda antsy when anyone is talking about her. One kinda has to feel one's way about how far one can go with her.

2 comments:

Paul Higginbotham said...

I e-mail with Kiki a LOT. She is one of my genuine prayer warriors. She has prayed for me and Robin and many, many others. She has helped me through many crises. I pray for her and Derek every day. I pray that the Holy Spirit will be with them every day. Kiki is a wonderful person. Selfless and considerate and very prayerful. She calls me a brother in Christ. She is my sister in Christ Jesus.

Don Reynolds said...

She does spend a lot of time in prayer and religious classes and helping out at the church and tithing and a whole bunch of other stuff. I have actually seen her run to mass.