Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WARNING. THIS IS A RANT

Blog number 499 ******* 23 March 2011

Several weeks ago we (my wife) called the Arizona Republic paper to cancel our subscription. Since then a man has called, waking me up from a deep sleep, to say that they can renew our subscription at a lower price. I said,"no." He asked why.

I replied, "Because there isn't any news in it and it is mostly a whole bunch of ads and every time I load up my recycling bin with nothing but his newspapers, I feel guilty."

He say ok.

Then a couple of days later a lady called with the same story, waking me up again, and I told her my same story. I also told her that a man had called earlier and she said that she would take me off her list. I said good.

So yesterday I got a call, same story, only this time from a machine. I hung up on it. Then just now I get another call, probably from the same machine, right? This time I listened to its spiel and it said that I didn't have to respond to that call, but if I wanted to speak to them, I could call...and it gave me their phone number.

Now what really irked me was my old bugaboo, stupidity. If I wanted to call them, wouldn't I already have done so? Huh? Huh?

And then yesterday we went to Phoenix and they are putting in another freeway and we ordinarily turn off on Chandler Blvd. So we come up on the road work and there is a big sign "Chandler Blvd. Exit Only." "Oh, good," I thought. At least that's open.

My wife, darling that she is, said, "we better turn off on Pecos Road. Chandler is closed."

"No it isn't, I say. That sign said, "Chandler Blvd. Exit Only."

Then another big sign came up. "Chandler Blvd. Exit Only."


I say, "see?" And we stay in that lane.

Then another big sign came up. "Chandler Blvd. Exit Only."


Then Chandler Blvd. Exit came up and it was closed.

We had to change lanes.

Wound up in Iowa.

No we didn't. That's a lie.

I do that sometimes.

Drives my wife crazy.


That's why I do it.


It's either her or me.

Dum de dum dum

No comments: