Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MEA CULPA, DARN IT!

Blog number 421 **** 21 September, 2010

This Blog is directed to a particular young lady who might not ever read it, but there you go.

Mine wife and I went to Chandler Mall this morning, and she, wanting to get a battery for a watch, made us go to Ben Bridge's Jewelry to get one put in said watch. While there, we met this charming lady who helped my wife look for a replacement ring for a later date. I happened to ask her if she knew the history of black pearls, figuring it was not that far a stretch for someone working in a jewelry store to either know the background of certain types of jewelry, or at least be interested in finding out about them.

I told her that at one time they were rather worthless until a PR man did his PR magic and made them valuable. I had read this in some book not too long ago, but I couldn't remember too much of the story, so I told the lady that I would get the book from where I had read the story, and put it in my Blog and I then handed her one of my "business" cards with the address to the Blog.

I went to the library, found the book where I thought the story for the black pearls would be found, but the story was not in there. I searched the Internet to no avail, so now I am faced with the embarrassing prospect of looking like an idiot. You would think that I would be used to that feeling by now, but I ain't.

Explanation for Blog entry completed.

Over and out.

No comments: