Tuesday, September 28, 2010

...AND MAYBE NOT.

Blog number 424 **** 28 September, 2010

You will be pleased to know that I am becoming clairvoyant. Obviously. Not obviously that you will be pleased that I am becoming clairvoyant, but that I am obviously becoming clairvoyant. However, there is a drawback. It is seems that it is not the kind of clairvoyancy that does anybody any good.

For the first time ever, about a week ago, I strongly felt the need to put my name and address in my glass case in case I ever lost my reading glasses. I just KNEW I was going to lose them soon.

The very next day, we went to our favorite restaurant in Chandler. While waiting for our food, I showed my wife what I had done to the inside of my glass case. We left the restaurant and drove several miles to Barnes and Noble. When I checked for my glasses to make sure I had them so I could look through various books, I couldn't find them. I must have left them in the restaurant. We called the restaurant, but they couldn't be found. Fast forward to today, a week later.

When we walked in, the hostess said that a customer had found my glass case on the floor under the table. She said that they had looked there when we called, but since it was dark under there and my case was dark, they couldn't discern it. Evidently the customer kept feeling something strange with her foot and reached under and pulled it out.

The hostess said they didn't have a phone number for us and when I told her it was inside the glass case, she said they never thought to look for it there. So I guess maybe besides getting clairvoyant, I better work on my telepathic abilities. I have reached the stage where I am a work in progress, I guess.

Hah! I have been sitting here studying this entry for several moments now. I don't really like it, but it also really ain't that bad. Good enough to keep, or bad enough to throw away? Who knows? I don't. I'll probably keep it. Maybe treat it like an entry in my diary. Diary entries can be innocuous. And this Blog entry qualifies as innocuous, that's for sure. Maybe even insipid.

Here goes.

Enjoy.

No comments: