Thursday, June 18, 2009

THE HAIR ON THE BACK OF MY NECK GOT SOME EXERCISE

Blog number 306 **** 18 June 2009

The lovely Teresa and I were sitting in Starbucks reading, when Teresa said, "Look at the man going out the door."

I turned around in my seat and watched this seventy some year old Indian dressed in what was obviously not his clothes. Clean and pressed pants bunched up around the ankles, a clean pressed shirt too big for him, and a straw hat sitting on top of his head. Very picturesque.

I watched him walk slowly across the parking lot. When he reached the middle of the lot - about fifty feet away, he stopped and stood there a moment, then turned slowly and deliberately around and looked right at me. His lips then moved as if he were mumbling something. Done, he turned around - again in a deliberate manner, and continued on his way.

I had the definite impression that he had "felt" my gaze and turned to check it out. And it didn't seem so much that he FELT it, but it seemed rather that he KNEW I was looking at him.

No comments: