Saturday, May 10, 2008

WHAT A GAL

Blog number 165                                               May 10, 2008

So we got a $270 parking ticket for parking in a handicap space with no tag showing.  Not to worry, Teresa called and got it all straightened out.  What happened was that I couldn't find my glasses and I thought I left them at Mimi's, so I went back to get them (turns out they were in my bag and I just didn't see them.)  Before I went back to Mimi's, Teresa kept saying to me to hang up the handicap tag, but I was so concerned about my glasses that I forgot to do that - or rather, I expected her to take care of it.

So we get home and she (Teresa) tells our visiting friends about it, saying, "Don forgot to put up the tag and he got us a parking ticket.  My take on it is, why is it my job alone to take care of the tag?  Because I was driving?  SHE thought of ME putting it up - why didn't SHE put it up?  It's not that heavy.

So on the way home, she puts the tag on the dash in front of the steering wheel and says, "Now keep it there.  I told you that before."  She never did.  In the real world, I tried to keep it on the dash in the middle, not right in front of the steering wheel, but she declared the sun would make it brittle and so I was not to keep it there.  And surprise of surprises, in front of the steering wheel IT IS STILL IN THE SUN!

No comments: