Saturday, May 17, 2008

I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW. NAYA NAYA

Blog number   170                                                     17 May 2008

Women seem to instinctively know things that men do not.  Teresa bought a tube of "AXE" - a kind of soap, I dunno.  Smells good though.  She bought it for me.  I like it.  There were no directions at all on how to use the product, nor even what it is.  Not even a health warning like "This product is not to be used as a chip dip." 

And there are no directions as to how to take the cap off or how to put it back on.  The cap does not screw on.  I pulled the cap off - which worked, but because the container consists of soft plastic, I necessarily squeezed the bottle while pulling off the cap - in order to hold the bottle, you see.  Putting the cap back on is easy.  It just snaps on.

I got to thinking that I was going to waste a lot of the ingredients because every time I took the cap off, some of it would come out the opening because I was squeezing the bottle, you see.  I decided to ask Teresa for advice, realizing that women instinctively know these things.  She told me you twist the cap off - even though there are no threads.  This method works perfectly, but I wonder how many years it would have taken me to figure that out on my own.  And how did she know? It's not a woman's product.

On my side, Teresa thinks that if you want the air conditioner to cool the room off faster,  all you have to do is to set the thermostat much lower than you want the temperature to be.  The lower you set it, the faster the room cools off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's that chip dip coming along? Now about the air conditioner.... ---angel

Anonymous said...

AXE also makes a very nice men's anti-perspirant called "Essence." I would not advise you to use that as a chip dip either. (smile) ---angel

Anonymous said...

Hah!  Thanks for the warning, Angel.