Monday, August 6, 2007

WHO WOULDA GUESSED?

Blog number 107                                                August 06, 2007

Bob Dylon's song, "Tamborine Man (Play A Tune for Me) was written after Bob visited New Orleans and watched a funeral procession led by a man playing the tamborine.  So what he is actually singing about is wanting a New Orleans funeral.  I think.

                                        ***************

I was listening to the radio a few days ago when this instrumental started.  It was really the first time I was struck by the professionalism of the band.  None of the instruments was any louder than any of the rest.  The melody flowed like sewing machine oil spilling over a speed bump.  I even commented to Teresa on the smoothness of the music.  Then I recognized the tune.  It was one of K.C. And The Sunshine Bands' songs.

I had written the previous paragraph earlier today after coming back from the coffee house and was sitting here at midnight, waiting to get sleepy, and lo and behold, comes on an hour of "My Music - the 70's Experience" on the telly with "A Taste Of Honey," Leo Sayers, Crystal Gayle, some other familiars, AND... "K.C. AND THE SUNSHINE BAND"! 

They haven't played yet - probably have to wait until about 1:00 a.m.

I'll wait.

 

No comments: