Saturday, August 11, 2007

TOO OLD SMART

Blog number 108                                               Aug 11, 2007

In our upstairs flat of our two-flat home at 2730 D Street in Sacramento, California, USA, the world, we were greatly afflicted with pigeons.  They roosted above the front door and shitith upon the steps, much to our dismay, such as it was.  I yelled at them, I shot at them with a BB gun, I climbed a ladder to precariously place strips of wood studded with pointy nails upon the eaves braces, all to no avail.  To no avail whatsoever.

Living here in Casa Grande, the jewel of the desert, we also were bothered by these disgusting and useless creatures.  I threw rocks, yelled, shouted, cursed.  Nothing. 

One morning I went out and they were up there, cooing away, not a care in the world when it came to me (from watching the excellent film, Ghost Dog) to take off my shirt and wave it over my head.  Viola!  It worked like a charm.  Not only does it affect them immediately, it makes them so wary that whenever I walk out the door, they immediately take off.  If they don't, I take off my shirt and give them a dose of the hateful waving shirt.  They hate that.  I enjoy that they hate that.

I am so happy.

Post Script:  Today, the 19th, waving shirt did not work so I got a long stick and tied a large piece of cloth to it, took it out there, waved it around in a circle above my head and I swear I could sense the fear engendered in the pigeons.  They took off with absolutely no hesitation.

I am still happy with my new situation.  I have the feeling this one is a permanent fix.  After all, Ghost Dog used it constantly to keep his pigeons aloft.

 





No comments: