Monday, August 30, 2010

TRUST ME. I'M A GOOD PERSON. ASK ANYONE.

Blog number 412 **** 30 August, 2010

I like TV programs that show actual events - like "Cops" and "Jail" and documentaries. One of my favorites is "48 Hours." I like the interviews the best because you get to see the behavior of the perps when they are being interviewed by the detectives. Almost invariably they will say something like, "I ain't gonna lie to you," or, "I'm going to tell you the truth." And you know right away the next sentence out of their mouths is gonna be a lie.

I've noticed the same thing on Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown concerning a defendant who starts her claim with, "I'm a Christian," or, "I go to church every Sunday," and you know they are going to turn out to be perpetrating some kind of scam. Even Judge Joe noticed this and informed one lady who did this how he found that people who start out claiming to be this or that Holy Joe, turn out to be not so nice a person. Put her on notice that she couldn't hide behind Jesus.

But I digress.

One other common thing about the perps on "48 Hours" is that often they have murdered someone that dissed them in some way - cut them off or objected to something the murderer was doing. They were trying to punish the guy, but the only people punished were the victim's family and friends, who didn't do anything to the murderer. The guy who gets killed doesn't suffer from the murder any more that any other way he would have died, which he was going to do anyway if only the murderer had waited for time to do its job.

The way the victim could have been made to suffer was if the murderer had killed a family member of his. But I don't think that would have satisfied the murderer. It doesn't feel right. Ain't that weird? It seems like the murderer is really not trying to make the victim pay, he just wants to physically "hit" him in the worst way possible, not even thinking of how this would affect the guy he's angry with.

Emotional, not intellectual, logic. Art Linkletter was right.

No comments: