Friday, August 13, 2010

?

Blog number 408 **** 13 August, 2010

We went to Phoenix on Thursday, mine wife and I. We went mostly to eat at BJ's Brewery because they got good stuff. We were early so we walked to Barnes and Nobles and on the way we walked behind a woman and four three year old girl babies.

We noticed that two of the babies were dressed in yellow and the other two in beige. The two in yellow had kind of a limp in their walk, the other two didn't, but each of these two also had identical gaits. The two in yellow were also smaller than the other two.

We caught up to them and asked if they were twins. The mother said they were quads.

What they actually were, I am pretty darn sure, were two sets of twins born at the same time to the same woman. Two eggs each evolved into two embryos. I would bet big money that a DNA test would bear me out.

I wish I had thought to ask this woman if she thought the same or if she had had any tests done to determine such a thing. She did have the two small ones wearing different outfits than the other two, and the hairdos were identical for each set, but different between sets, so I think she knew. She's the mother after all. If anyone would know, she would. I am but a stranger in a strange land and I know.

I have never heard of this combination before. Is it a first? I dunno. First for me anyhow.

No comments: