Wednesday, April 8, 2009

TWO THINGS...

Blog number 293 **** 08 April 2009

(1) This guy in a book I was reading said that he can't listen to Celine Dion. He said she has a terrific voice range and a beautiful voice, but her singing has no character. Tom Waits, on the other hand, has a small voice range and not a very good voice, but his singing has character. I immediately recognized what the guy in the book was saying. In fact, for instance, I used to love the Beatles, but now I can't stand to listen to them. Rolling Stones, however, never gets old. I think that once again, here the Beatle's singing has no character, while the Stones have plenty.

Willie Nelson falls in the singing with character arena too.

I can't really defend or describe what I mean, but I recognize it. It's like beauty or art. We recognize it when we see it, but we can't describe it.

There are people too with "character." Maybe charisma is anyone with large positive character.

Maybe not.

(2) Saw a trailer today at the movies and this guy steers a speed boat into a sharp left turn and the lady in the back falls out the boat to the LEFT! What's the matter with Hollywood? Don't those guys ever look around them into the real world? They never heard of inertia? Never had an experience of going around a curve?

I also saw two instances of people falling out of a moving car and rolling AWAY from the direction in which the vehicle was traveling. One was in a Simpsons' episode and the other was in a movie where a Black guy kidnaps a white guy and the white guy's feet catch on fire and he dances to a fast beat. I don't remember the name of that movie, but that's the plot.

Why is it "Black guy" with a capital B and "white guy" with a small w? Or am I mistaken?

All done.

No comments: