Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FUN AT MIMI'S

Blog number 297 **** 22 April 2009

It was only afterwards that I remembered seeing them sitting in a booth and getting up to leave Mimi's.

As Teresa and I were leaving, Teresa said she had to use the ladies room. I waited by the door. The man and the woman came back in and talked to the hostess. The hostess said to them, "Sure. Be glad to."

The man gave the hostess a camera and the three walked out the door. As they passed me, I said to the man, "Could I get in on this too?"

He laughed.

A lot.

I didn't think it was all that funny, but maybe the unusualness of my saying that was what tickled him so much.

The hostess took a picture of them standing in front of Mimi's door.

The "photographer" came back in and I asked her if that happened much. She said it was the first time. I commented that they were probably tourists. I searched for them through the window to see if I could get a glimpse of their license plate to see where they were from. I saw them standing by the plants away from the door, so I went outside and asked them where they were from. The lady turned out to be from New Mexico, worked as a legal representative. The man was a border agent from Casa Grande. They had recently found each other after ten years. Evidently they had been very good friends before events took them apart and they were here renewing an old friendship. Thus the photo, I guess.

Teresa came out about then, told about her stint working in prisons, then there was talk about "six degrees of separation," my being the only one there not associated with perps, and so forth.

We exchanged names and Teresa told them about how we came to be in Arizona to such an extent that I asked the man if he had ever seen the movie, "Mother." He laughed in a way that I was sure he understood what I was suggesting.

Nice interesting people.

No comments: