Sunday, January 18, 2009

YOU CAN CALL IT JUXTAPOSITION IF YOU WANT

Blog number 267 **** 18 January 2009

SETUP FOR JUXTAPOSITION:
In Blog entry number 261 on 20 December, 2008, I went on a rant about what is wrong with a great many movie directors' code of ethics concerning breaking the forth wall willy nilly. I am referring specifically right now, to the growling and howling of attacking predators. I said, in that entry, that is much more scary to have a silent predator come at you than a howling growling one.

ACTUAL JUXTAPOSITION:
I am currently reading a book on The Good War and I found this quote that points up perfectly the position of my emphasization of the situation.

"In action, the Americans attacked silently, not singing as did the British or shouting as did the French.... There were German prisoners who testified to the fear of these silent soldiers moving remorselessly forward that grew in the ranks of the German divisions."

No comments: