Friday, June 6, 2008

YOU BIG BABIES!

Blog number   184                                                              06 June 2008

The only babies I got to talk to today were a pair of identical twin girls in Starbucks age "fifteen and a half."  They were so cute!  One of their boyfriends was with them and I asked how he came to pick the one twin and not the other, and the other said, "'cause I don't like him." 

I asked why she didn't like him and she said, "'cause he's a jerk."  It could have been joking, maybe jealousy, Teresa thinks she has to be that way so the sister doesn't get jealous of her.  The boy didn't seem to be bothered by what the sister was saying.

I heard the boyfriend tell his girlfriend that he came up to talk to her at first because someone dared him to.

One of them started to tell us about a show they saw in Las Vegas and she prefaced the telling - to make sure we understood, "Have you ever heard of the Beatles?"

I think young people think that old people were always as they see them now.  My grandparents always seemed the same age to me for twenty-five years.

The girls had a habit of talking and then seeming to space out - just like babies do!  Although they were identical twins, both Teresa and I never even suspected they were sisters because they looked so different.  Upon closer inspection, their faces looked identical to me, but their hairdos were so different that they didn't even look like sisters, let alone identical twins.

Both of them had been grounded by their mother because of the hairdos.  Teresa asked them, if they were grounded, what are they doing in Starbucks. One said because their parents forgot to buy food, so this is their "cafe."

We took them to their home, which was a beautiful rambling house surrounded by a high fence with a large electronic iron gate which opened when the proper code was put in. The whole grounds looked like a movie set.  Absolutely beautiful. 

Both of their grandparents live in Casa Grande too, so I imagine the family must have been cotton farmers, copper miners, or something else indigenous to the area.  Next time we see them I'm gonna ask.

The grounds are on the south edge of Casa Grande and I imagine when it was built it must have been in the country.

The boy lived in a nice place on the North edge of town.  It's a new subdivision - very grand, but in a different way than the girls home was.  Big man-made lake there, coupla parks,playgrounds, etc.  He was nice, talked a bit too softly like I did when I was his age, so I kinda recognize why he does it.  I'd like to inform him of the cause and what to do about it, but of course I can't do that, mores the pity.

Nice kids.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what were these hair-dos they sported --- pink and purple mohawks, perhaps? ---angel

Anonymous said...

One of them had black hair, sculpted.  Kinda hanging on one side and in the back - off-center.  She also sported a do-rag.

He rsister had various color hair red, blond and black, I think.  She had it poofed up.