Friday, February 18, 2011

STUPIDITY IS HARD ON US RECIPIENTS.

Blog number 491******* 18 February 2011

This morning I get a call from a voice on a machine telling me that the voice's owner personally knows this local politician, his wife and his two children and they are, one and all, wonderful people, so I can with perfect confidence vote for this wonderful person who will undoubtedly make Arizona a more enlightened, beautiful and healthy place to bring up my lovely family.

He didn't actually say all that - except for the part about the wife and kids and how wonderful the politician would be for Arizona - but you get the idea. I'm thinking, do these people really believe that I would vote for someone based upon a vapid recommendation by someone I also don't know?  And not even by the person himself, but by his recording?  Maybe they just don't care.

I saw a cartoon - F Minus, which shows a guy driving a car past a sign that said, "Vote for John Grill" The caption has the driver saying, "That settles it. I'm voting for John Grill."

This phone call was like that. Is anyone in the world going to vote for someone based upon such idiocy? I know about the signs and name recognition, but these phone calls - who pays attention to anything said? Preaching to the choir, maybe, but to somebody not even in the building? I don't think so.

A year or so ago I twice got a phone call from a machine that said, "Please hold. Mr. Such and Such would like to talk to you." Yeah, right.



There is a woman on the telly who does commercials for this floor covering store. I am pretty sure she is the owner of said store. She is to me, the most irritating commercial host on television. I would never go into her store out of fear of running into her. I'm sure you know who I mean if you live anywhere in Arizona, although it seems to me we used to avoid her in Sacramento also. The stupidity in this case is why the owner(s) do not get someone more pleasant to hawk their wares - even if it is her that hires the hawkers.


And then there is the continual commercial for "Crossing Jordan" in the middle of "48 Hours." I hate that. It's a long commercial and it is always the same one, showing the same clip taken from an episode of "Crossing Jordan." I am so sick of watching that episode that I will never under any circumstance, turn that show on. So, is it smart of them to pound my senses with the same episode hoping that this time I will think, "Hey! This is a pretty interesting program. I think I'll start watching it. When is it on? I'm so excited!"


Ok. I'm done.

No comments: