Thursday, February 3, 2011

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Blog number 486******* 03 February 2011

I was watching television the other night and my ankle started itching, so I scratched it with my other foot and felt a bit of pain. I looked and there was a red welt about two inches long, quarter inch wide. I was puzzled. I had my wife look at it and tell me what she thought it could be. She said it looked like I had scraped my foot across a branch or something. I thought and thought, but didn't remember anything like that. So I forgot about it.

The next day I'm taking a shower and as soon as the water hit that welt, I knew from where the injury had come.

Last year I cut off the bottom of my overall pants legs because I had shrunk two inches and the cuffs kept getting caught under my feet. Over time, the cutoff cuffs became scraggly. So I'm out using my weed burning tool and I noticed a little heat around my feet. I looked and my pants cuffs were on fire. Hah!

What I felt when the water hit that welt was where I was burned by my precious tool turning on me. Can't trust anybody.

No comments: