Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE OTHER DRUDGE REPORT

Blog number 430 **** 14 October 2010

I changed the air filter on the '99 Dodge Caravan yesterday and when I put everything together, the hose leading from the filter to the top of the engine for emission control, being very brittle, broke.

Went to O' Riley's, nee Checkers, to get a new one, no soap. Went to the Dodge dealers, they didn't have one in stock, so I ordered it. It's coming from Los Angeles, in case you're interested in geographical slash business procedures. If not, just ignore that sentence. You probably won't be the poorer for it, but one never knows, does one?

Now this little rubber hose is 1/4 of an inch thickness, 3/4 inch outside diameter, eight inches long. Any idea what an item like that could cost? Mine costs $16.17. I guess they are on sale this week.

While waiting for the guy to look up my wanted part, I noticed what looked like an interesting letter on his side of the counter. I craned my neck to take a peek at it, and since it looked interesting and the font was pleasing to the eye, I reached over and picked it up. The guy glanced at me, but said nothing. Probably because I was so bold about it and made it looked like I had the right. I WAS a customer, so that helped.

The letter was about people getting the codes to cars and then stealing the cars. It was a stern warning about not anybody in the dealerships ever letting unauthorized persons get that information, warning about the liability if any victim ever found out who let that secret code out into the general public. Evidently it is a real problem, but I don't remember ever hearing or reading about it on the news. So you heard it here first.

I know this is not the news breaking item that is usually found on Blogs that deal in this type of muckraking news, but one has to start somewhere.

Just a little added something or other, "The Daily Show" used to promo their program with, "When news breaks, we fix it." I always thought that so clever.

No comments: