Thursday, October 21, 2010

LET'S ALL GO TO IMAGINARY LAND

Blog number 433 ******* 21 October 2010

This morning I took my newly washed overalls out and placed them upon an old and unused wooden lattice I had placed against the cement block fence. To dry. A quick movement by a lizard upon the fence caught my eye. I stopped and watched him and he did the same to me.

Seeing this lizard immediately brought to mind my most favorite animal - a mud puppy and this brought to mind that the pet dragon in the movie, "How To Train Your Dragon" had a head shaped like a mud puppy's. I guess I'm not the only person who finds them to be the darlings they are.

The way my thoughts chased after each other this morning reminded me again that this happens constantly, but most often it happens beneath my consciousness. It's like boys and girls chasing each other in the school yard are often unnoticed by anyone else.

Following thoughts is sometimes like trying to remember dreams. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. Sometimes I stop and think, "What made me think of that?" And I never find out what it was. Strangely, to me it is the same feeling of frustration I get when I can't remember a dream.

And all this came from hanging out a pair of overalls to dry? Where would my thoughts have gone if I had not seen that lizard? Where would my thoughts have gone if I had stubbed my toe? If I had found a wad of money? If a flying saucer had come down and teleported me aboard and the aliens had given me control of the world? Huh?

No comments: