Sunday, June 6, 2010

MY OWN PRIVATE STALKER

Blog number 394 **** 06 June 2009

Yesterday I got to thinking again about this Oriental man following me around downtown Sacramento a few years ago. Let me tell you the story and then I'll explain what about it that bothered me and then I will tell you how I worked it out. That will be a lot of fun for you, yes?

I was walking around downtown Sacramento like I did every day, watching people, mostly. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, this Oriental guy about thirty or so years of age, looked like a businessman on his lunch hour, following me. I pretended that I didn't notice him, but I went into Starbucks and it was crowded, so I turn around to leave and locked eyes with the guy as he was coming in the door. That was the last I saw of him.

What made me curious was, it seemed like, since I saw him looking at me, I must have deduced that he was following me. Is that why he stopped? That didn't sound right. I puzzled over that for years and today when the memory came up again, I told my "nameless" wife about it, and realized that now he would know that I would know of him if I saw him again. THAT'S why he stopped. Case solved.

I should have told what's-her-name about it years ago and then I would have carried one less mystery around with me. Those things get heavy after awhile.

No comments: