Tuesday, April 13, 2010

FOR BUDDHA'S SAKE, GET SOME HELP

Blog number 381 **** 13 April 2009

We have a subscription to the New Yorker magazine. I just read another of their short stories. Pure pap.

The New Yorker magazine has a reputation amongst the American elite - especially those elite who reside in New York, as being THE literary epitome of writings. This reputation is undeserved.

Occasionally there is some good writing, but most often it is nothing but pretentious trash.

Even some of the cartoons are pretentious - kind of like the stand-up humor of Dennis Miller. A pretentious comic.

All that being said, I just finished a book called, "Water For Elephants" which was so good I really expected the end to fall apart, which often happens, but I was pleasantly surprised. Excellent ending. Excellent beginning. Excellent middle. Excellent book.

I'm fair.

No comments: