Saturday, July 11, 2009

NOW THAT WAS A GOOD DAY!

Blog number 314 **** 11 July 2009

We went to Fry's for groceries yesterday. I drink espressos while mi espousa shops. I carry only two dollar bills and fifty cent pieces and the bills are folded up in my change purse, so when I go to pay, I take them all out (just the bills, not the fifty cent pieces) and peel off the number of bills I need. When I peeled off three yesterday, one of the two girls standing there said, "Where do you get all those two dollar bills?""

I buy them," I told her. "I only pay a dollar each for them."

Still holding the bills, she looked at me in amazement and I could see the gears grinding away in her head. I grinned and waved my hand in front of her, saying, "No, no."

She laughed and said she had plans already forming about buying a lot of two dollar bills and making a fortune. She continued, "I'm so gullible."

I said, "You know, they took 'gullible' out of the dictionary, don't you?" She kind of nodded, like she'd heard it before, but the other girl said, "Really? Why'd they do that?"

Hah! Fun day.

No comments: