Thursday, July 23, 2009

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND

Blog number 322 **** 23 July 2009

That strange weight machine in Mom's (we call her, "Mom." Or "Mother Teresa, Jr.") bathroom, I don't understand. It has four gray metal-like areas which the instructions tell you that you are to make sure your heels and balls of your feet are touching. It has a battery. So it's electrical.

I went in there this morn - nakid, and I weighed myself. One hundred eighty pounds US. I had brought in a fifteen pound barbell that I had lain on the table by the weight machine. I picked that up and I still weighed one hundred eighty pounds. Hmmm. I then stepped off the "scale," got back on and weighed exactly fifteen pounds more. So the damn thing does measure weight! I thought maybe it had something to do with body fat or something.

Maybe it is an electrical pressure type of thing, although Buddha knows how that could work.

I told the lovely Teresa about it and asked her if she ever wore shoes on it. She told me what happened, but I forgot, so I asked her again and she said the numbers stayed on zero. I don't believe that. Teresa often gives an answer to a question not asked, while not answering the asked question. So I put one of my sandals on and I weighed one hundred eighty-four pounds. Now I know my sandals don't weigh four pounds apiece, so I put on the other one too and gained a pound. One hundred eighty-five.

That's a crazy weighing machine. I'd like to been there when whomever got the idea to make that conundrum.

No comments: