Saturday, December 20, 2008

A GOOD NEIGHBOR

Blog number 262 **** 20 December 2008

My new little friend, Anna that I told you about that I met while pruning a tree in my back yard, I saw her once more. I look over the fence every day now, but it might be too cold and wet for her to be out playing. Her yard is not all that enticing anyhow. Full of tumbleweeds and junk. No grass or plants at all. Just wet sand. Wet sand and tumbleweeds and broken toys and a rototiller, a fertilizer machine and a soaker hose that is laid out along the fence where nothing is growing.

We carry small toys in a sack in the car in case we meet some cute babies and I went and got a small car from there, put it in a small plastic bag and threw it over the fence. I waited three days until finally one day Anna was there. I told her that there was a plastic bag "over there." She went to it and found the car. She started walking toward the house saying, "It's a car. It's not mine." I told her it was, that I had thrown it there.

An honest baby! How rare is that?

2 comments:

Paul Higginbotham said...

You have a good heart Don.

Don Reynolds said...

Hah! It was a cheap toy. Six for a dollar.