Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I COULDA FIXED IT

Blog number 148                                               Feb 12, 2008

In blog number 146, I told about my problem with the mysterious Volvo headlight that I couldn't get replaced without using duct tape.  Well, Derek and Kenny came over (with Kiki) last Saturday, so I asked Derek if he wanted to see what I was talking about.  He tried to get it in, but I knew he wouldn't be able to, and sure enough, after a time he gave up and I duct taped the thing back together.

Kenny, during this time, was fixing Teresa's electronic gizmos, and I went to working on my jigsaw puzzle.  Kenny finished with the electronics and was diddling a bit with my puzzle and then asked if I wanted him to look at the headlight problem.  I said, "OK," knowing he wouldn't be able to fix it, so we went out and I showed him the problem and he worked on it while I messed about with the cat's food and then he approached me and said, "Watch this."

He took his finger, wetted it, rubbed the "O" ring on the bulb assembly with the wet finger, and slipped the assembly right into its assigned slot.  Damn!

He also got Teresa's new Dish network to working so now it works like a Tivo - which is awesome.

Kenny is the family's "go to" guy.  Brilliant man.

Remember my asking the Volvo people if there was a trick to it and they said no?  Well, obviously they lied.

Probably not, but what the hell.  They ain't gonna read this.

No comments: