Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ARRRRRGHHH!

Blog number 150                                               Feb 13, 2008

I saw in the paper this morn that Lake Mead is due to be half full by 2014 and empty by 2020.  The consensus seemed to be that plenty of people were going to have to be concerned about where their water was to come from. 

Since Lake Mead supplies the water that turns the generators at Boulder Dam, shouldn't there be some concern that Los Angeles, Phoenix, Las Vegas and surrounding areas will not have any ELECTRICITY?  I mean, Lake Mead doesn't have to be completely empty for that to happen.  I'm pretty sure that a half full lake will do it.

I am not particularly disturbed that that will happen, but I am disturbed that the fourth estate might have its head so far up its rectum that it thinks the lost of Boulder Dam electricity will be a minor glitch and not worth worrying about.  Or worse, that they do not even know that Lake Mead powers Boulder Dam which supplies all of the electricity for several large Western cities.  That they don't even get the connection between no water in Lake Mead and catastrophe in Los Angeles et al.

It's like I see this great disaster coming and nobody with any power sees it.  Could I be that far off base?  Am I missing something?  It doesn't seem likely that a powerless Boulder Dam is no big deal, but then why am I the only one concerned about it?

Even the Google site talks about the greater venue for sightseeing since the water has gone down in Lake Mead. 

I quote, "While the current drought
has effected some areas drastically, Lake Mead really has not changed much. It has become even more interesting."

They don't seem concerned either, do they?

I must be missing something.

But I don't see how.

ARRRRRGHHH!

 






No comments: