Monday, November 26, 2007

ALL THE NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT

Blog number 133                                               Nov. 26, 2007

There is a television program that is one of my favorites called, "Soup."  What it does is take vignettes from various TV programs and TV news items, and exhibit them.  The host - who is pretty funny, makes comments about what we are about to see and what we have just seen.  It's mostly about TV people.  The only movie people they ever show are the mug shots of them when arrested, or stupid or idiotic things they've said or done while being interviewed.  Elizabeth Taylor I think is senile.  From what I've seen of her.  Reality shows seem to be the mother lode for idiots at their very best.  For instance...

Last night it showed a couple (I don't know who they are) excitedly telling their newly sixteen year old daughter to "Come see what we got you for your birthday!"  When the sixteen year old saw her birthday present - a brand new Lexus, she went ballistic.  "That's not the car I wanted!  What's the matter with you two (obviously her parents)?  And I was supposed to get it at my party.  I'm not going to the party.  You have ruined it.  It's all your fault!"  As she ran up the stairs, she screamed, "My life is ruined!" 

Hah!

In the paper this morn was an item about Stephen King going into a grocery store.  This old woman - King thinks she was about 95, says to him, "I know who you are.You write those stories - those horrible awful horror stories...I don't like that.  I like uplifting stories like that
Shawshank Redemption." 

Mister King told her, "I wrote that." 

She said, "No you didn't."

No comments: