Friday, October 5, 2007

SCREW YOU, JACK

Blog number 120                                               Oct. 5, 2007

It might be that I have never noticed it before, but I don't think so.  I am talking about the ubiquitous phenomena of honking drivers warning backing-out drivers that they are coming though. 

Let me explain.

Here is Casa Grande there seems to be an awful lot of parking lots that are very crowded.  Consequently, when backing out of a space, one frequently hears a, "Honk!  Honk!" from an approaching auto, with the subtext, "You idiot, can't you see I'm driving here?"

When this happens to me, I think, "Why in hell can't you stop and wait for me to back out and then proceed on to your important mission, huh?"

"Idiot."

An alternative way of handling this lies totally with the pre-honking driver - the one coming up on a driver who is trying to leave a parking space.  All that driver has to do when he sees backup lights and/or movement of the driver trying to leave, is to simply stop and leave all hands off the horn.  The result?  No noise pollution and two happy and satisfied drivers.  The backing up driver feels good due to the graciousness of a helpful human, while the driver coming up on the backup driver feels good from having served a fellow survivor.   From having placed another in front of one's self.  Win win.

I have not noticed this honking problem in other cities, and like I say, maybe it was there but I just never noticed.  But I think I can say without fear of contradiction, that Casa Grande's parking lots contain more automobiles than other cities, percentage-wise.  This could be because nobody walks - the heat, you know.  Whatever the reason, why do so many people have to be so selfish and narcissistic?  I imagine these are the same people that litter from automobiles, flirt with cashiers while holding up a long line, and leave shopping carts in parking  spaces.  "No one exists except my important self."

Tsk Tsk Tsk.

No comments: