Sunday, October 21, 2007

MONEY FOR NUTHIN', CHICKS FOR FUN

Blog number 124                                               Oct. 21, 2007

So I'm in the pita place, buying a pita for Teresa and my lovely granddaughter, Tara, and the total comes to $12.48.  I give the girl six two dollar bills and a fifty cent piece.  She puts the bills in the drawer and looks at the fifty cent piece.  Finally she holds it up to me and asks, "What's this?"

I told her it was fifty cents and then I ask her how old she was.  She says, "Sixteen." 

I ask her if she's never seen a fifty cent piece before and she says, "Yes, but not like this."  Puzzled, I ask her what they looked like and she reaches into the cash drawer, draws out two quarters, each held by a thumb and two fingers in each hand in and says, "Like this."

Babies you can talk with, that's what they are.


No comments: