Thursday, November 23, 2006

READ 'EM AND WEEP

Blog number sixty-three                                    23 Nov 2006


In this book I am currently reading - Blue Blood, the cops are scoping out buyers and sellers.  The guy with the binocs tells the street guys what to look for, "It's in his sock," "it's in the cast on his right hand."

"It's in his cheek -- sorry guy, the other cheek, check between 'em.  I mean it's in his ass, copy?"

The author then notes that, "There was nothing quite like watching someone sniff a bag of dope that was fresh from a dealer's ass."

He's telling of a cop friend of his dad's -- Davey, who has been investigated for stealing guns, is used as a finder for money in DOA houses, a generally funny guy, but a bit larcenous.

Davey tells the story, "A lot of times in a car wreck, people get knocked right out of their shoes.  Now there was one wreck where a priest was killed, thrown clean from his car, and he's lying dead in his socks.  You know how well priests dress, and I found the shoes, they were better than anything I had ever seen and they were brand-new.  And wouldn't you know, they were my size, exactly!  I thought, is this a sign from God or is this a sign from God?"
                          ************************
When we lived in Sacramento I was friends with a little neighbor girl -- about three years old.  She had just gotten a goldfish and often talked about it. One morning I chanced upon her when out for a walk and I asked her how her fish was.  She said, "Oh, he's in fish heaven."  I asked her where fish heaven was and she said, "Down the toilet."

No comments: