Thursday, November 2, 2006

GIVE ME BACK MY MEDICINE

Blog number fifty-seven                                      02 Nov 2006

In Midtown Sacramento we had this street person that used to attend church services in a church run mostly by and for young people.  One time I heard one of the girls tell this person, "Ray, I told you.  Don't hug me when you've been dumpster diving.  You smell."
                               *************************
We lived in a housing development in Sacramento and I used to walk to my favorite coffee house wearing my bib overalls.  One day, coming back, three houses from my house, a little girl about seven years old stopped me to talk.

"Do you have a horse?"

"No."

Pause.

"Do you have a cow?"

"No."

Pause,

"Do you have a barn?" 

"No."

"You don't have a cow or a horse or a barn?"

"No."

"Well, what kind of a farmer are you then?"
          

                               **********************
I just found out today that in Bolivia they write the date, using numerals in the order of: day, month, year, while in the US it's month, day, year.  That's bad enough, but with me, I always have to ask my wife the proper sequence while bemoaning the fact that there would never be any confusion if everyone would just use day, month, year like they do in the military.  14 Apr 31.  Seems obvious to me that that is the way to go, but then, that's just me.  I have no power at all.  If ever people stop blocking my ambition and let me become my life's dream of being a benevolent dictator, the first thing I would change would be that.

Next I would get rid of  daylight savings time and AM and PM nomenclatures and just have military time.  0100, 0200, 1600, instead of 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM, 4:00 PM.  Then I'd rewrite and eliminate laws and have lawyers leave that profession and retrain into professions that benefited other humans.  Like grocery clerk.  Or garbageman. Or acting.

And the only permissionable election ads will be in the newspapers or magazines.

Bolivia is still mad at Chili for taking it's coastline in a war.  Bolivia is now a landlocked country, but it still has a navy that is stationed in a lake, awaiting the return to the ocean.

I was stationed with a guy that was from Chili.  He had green eyes and his surname was, "Thackery."  He said they had real war heroes over there.  He said during the war with Bolivia, one of Chilean cooks on a ship jumped onto a Bolivian warship and stabbed their captain to death.
 
                            ********************************

I was at Barnes and Nobles Bookstore and Coffee Shop this morning and saw a book entitled, "Science Explores the Afterlife."  I thought, "Whaaaaaat!"

Ever notice that you can tell your fingers to type out the word, "type," but you have absolutely no idea how you tell your fingers to do that?  Maybe science should explore THAT phenomena. At least they could get photographs, unlike with the afterlife.
                               ***************************
Did I ever write in this blog about the time I stepped on a nail that ran through my foot and it got infected and the doctor shot Novocain in it and started to clean it out and the big toe got large beads of sweat standing on it like it could feel the pain but I couldn't?  Huh?  Did I?
                                **************************
I did write about somebody in the emergency room stealing my morphine though. I remember writing that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the laguna west  not sacramnto we lived at honey