Friday, May 26, 2006

GULLIBLE? I DON'T THINK SO

Blog number eight

A few days ago I wrote about strange things I had seen -- frogs lying on frozen ice, etc. Normally I would just add more strange things, but due to the makeup of blog entries, the earlier entries always go at the end instead of at the beginning like in a regular letter. Why am I saying this? I really don't know.

I was stationed in Lackland AFB back in 1949 and one day while out getting firing range instruction, I saw something I had heard about but didn't believe. A giant rabbit. A giant Texas rabbit. This HUGE rabbit -- the size of a large dog -- like a Doberman, was slowly loping across a field. The class went wild. I'm glad I got to see that. It's the only one I ever saw and without it I would still consider the stories about giant Texas rabbits as just another myth -- like the jackalopes -- stuffed rabbits with antelope horns sticking out the front of their heads that you see in desert gas stations along the highways.

While out hunting jackrabbits near Lancaster California one day in 1955, three of us saw three Texas red wolves which I had heard were extinct.

In a book I saw pictures and read anecdotes about somewhere in northern Texas there were prints of a dinosaur chasing a human. Some people claimed they were fakes, but as the Sufis say, false gold exists only because real gold exists. People got to selling the real ones, then began to make fake ones to sell because the real ones were so hard to get at, being located beneath six feet of running water.

One woman said you could tell the difference between the real and the fake because the real had mud coming up on the sides of the tracks like what happens when you step in the mud while the fake ones were straight across. One set of prints had the mud rising more on one side on both sets of tracks -- the dinosaur and the human, as if the human had taken a sudden turn and the dinosaur had quickly followed. The real ones were also bigger because whoever dug them up didn't want to take a chance on breaking the stone, separating the dinosaur tracks from the human's. There were several photos of this phenomenon.

I am not saying there were humans around when dinosaurs lived. I am saying there was a dinosaur around when humans lived.

No comments: