Sunday, April 24, 2011

DOG WHISPERER

Blog number 509*******  24 April 2011

New people moved in down the street. Lots of kids. I walk by their house when I go to get the mail.
 Last night two of their dogs were out with the lady of the house and both of the dogs bumped me as I went by. One was a weimaraner.  A weimaraner is a hunting dog - short hair, brown in color. 

When I was a teenager, there were no weimaraners.  I hope that's right.  That's the way I remember it. 

I also remember when Cherrios first came out, but they were called Cherrioats.  That sentence is called a nonsequitor.

On my way back to my house, the weinmaraner bumped me again as I walked by him.  He then went ahead of me, sniffing the ground. He turned into the driveway where I had walked on the way out of the house. He sniffed his way up to the door and then held his nose high up and against the door as if signaling that he wanted to be let in.

I realized that he had followed my scent from his house to mine.

I thought about letting him in, but soon realized that it might not sit too well with the head of the house.  But it's nice to feel wanted.

Even by a dumb animal.

I could have had a new dog!

No comments: