Friday, November 20, 2009

CHICKEN LITTLE MY ASS

Blog number 345 **** 20 November 2009

Two days ago I saw on a newscast that a big ball of ice fell from the sky and tore up the roof of a house. The ball was about eight inches in diameter. One explanation was that it must have come from an airplane. I didn't buy that for a minute.

Teresa read this Blog entry and says that the ball of ice was eight to twelve inches in diameter. I thought that myself, but I like to err on the side of conservatism. My wife doesn't. So now we have two interpretations of a news event.

I really love that girl.

Then today I'm reading in my book Stranger Than Science, of chunks of ice falling upon cars in a car lot, "... I looked up and I could see the sun shining on big pieces coming from 2000 feet up... I looked for a plane, but there weren't any."

The meteorologists promptly dismissed the whole thing as chunks of ice from a plane; but their explanation is dismissed as worthless by aviation authorities who point out that it is impossible for ice in such massive chunks to form on any plane.

"We have hardly scratched the surface of the astounding list of things that have fallen from the skies... Unable to explain them, science does the next best thing... it ignores them."

No comments: