Friday, October 30, 2009

I'M PRETTIER NOW

Blog number 332 **** 30 October 2009

Back in the seventies and early eighties, I could ask a mother if I could hold their babies and they were always pleased with the request. Then danger started increasing in the Good Old United States - going to a high of slightly over 32%, and suddenly I could no longer touch the little dears out of the fear held by the mothers.

I used to only stare at babies because I couldn't touch them and they would usually look at me with a blank face. It took me awhile before I realized that the blank stare they gave me was not interest, it was usually fear. I found that out as soon as they started crying. I guess to them I looked like a predator looking over a menu. At least that's what Teresa told me.

I went to slightly more than twenty years without holding a baby. Then I got a buzz cut haircut, and the first day with it, babies started smiling at me right away, and I was approached and hugged by two babies. Last week I was hugged by still another.

So the mothers might be afraid of me, but it looks like the babies love me. And all because of a different haircut. Beauty may be only skin deep, but that's deep enough for me.

No comments: