Thursday, May 14, 2009

AM I NOT HUMAN? DO I NOT BLEED?

Blog number 300 **** 14 May 2009

So we go to Phoenix, eat our breakfast at Mimi's, drive to Barnes and Nobles down the street, park our car in the shade a few steps down from the entrance, get out and walk across the parking aisle in order to reach the sidewalk. Halfway across the aisle, I see something in the road, so I peer at it, can't quite figure out what it is, reach down to pick it up and this car, coming down the same aisle, honks at me! Not a loud HOONNNK! But just a little "beep beep." Like "Get out of the way." Like you would do to a cow in the road.

In all my seventy-nine years on this planet earth, nobody has ever before honked at me while I was a pedestrian.

I feel like I have finally arrived.

2 comments:

TERRY said...

YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY, AND YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE THE DANGED BASKET BACK TO THE STORE, PICK UP TRASH IN P[ARKING LOTS, ASK NOSEY QUESTIONS OF STRANGERS, TELL WAR STORIES YOU READ IN BOOKS, AND TALK ANYTIME I WANNA READ BUT GOD LOVES YOU AND YOU ARE VERY HUMAN AND VERY YOU THATS WHY FOLKS LIKE YOU.

Don Reynolds said...

Easy for you to say, Terry.