Thursday, August 21, 2008

MORE ENDS THAN ODDS

Blog number 207                                                             21 August 2008

The Daily Show has been reruns all week.  They are setting up for the Democratic Convention.  I got turned on to the Daily Show by one night happening to see them covering the Democratic Convention.

One of their "roving reporters" was at a speech by some Democrat and He asked a guy standing on a chair what the speaker was saying.  The guy was distracted and mumbled something.  The "reporter" asked him again, "What is he saying now?"  The guy replied, "I don't know.  You were talking."  "What's he saying now?"  I DON'T KNOW!  YOU KEEP TALKING!  I CAN'T HEAR HIM!"  What''d he say just then?"  "WILL YOU SHUT UP SO I CAN HEAR HIM?"

That guy got so furious and I couldn't stop laughing.  I've been watching the Daily Show ever since.

I was at a party one night, sitting in an easy chair, just people-watching and Larry, a guy I knew from Weatherstone's Coffee House kneeled down beside the left arm of my chair and mumbled something.  I said, "What?"

He mumbled again, I asked him what he said again, and the third time I just let him kneel there mumbling away.  I didn't respond to him at all, just tried to ignore his mumblings and after about an hour of this, the party was starting to break up so I got up to leave and he told me he sure appreciated our long discussion.

I told a friend of his about that incident the next day and he told me that Larry does that as a power play.  He figures if he can get you to lean in real close and ask what he was saying, he would somehow have you in his power.  He would be controlling you.  His friend told me that Larry did that to him a lot. 

What an idiot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing.  Ignore the boob.  People who have to try to play mind games on other people are not worth anyone's time.            DB

Anonymous said...

Hi db;

They do give us stories to tell.