Friday, April 25, 2008

IS THAT A BACKHANDED DIG YOU JUST GAVE ME?

Blog number 161                                               April 25, 2008

Sitting in my favorite chair in my favorite Starbucks in Casa Grande Arizona, looking up from my reading, I can see a poster of coffee cups with hands holding some of them surrounding a text that says, "Behind every good cup of coffee there is a barista and a good story."

I have read that sentence many times, and I read it every time I sit in that chair. I read it again this morning. What does it say? It says if there is not a good story behind my cup of coffee, my coffee is not good, or if there IS a good story but I am not a barista, my coffee is again, not good.  The ONLY way my coffee can be considered to be a good cup, is if I am a barista and I have a good story.  Since I am not a barista, whomever made this comment is telling me that if I want a good cup of coffee, I must pay $1.74 for it in any coffee house.  Otherwise, forget it.

Somehow it just doesn't seem fair.

I cry everytime I see that poster.

P.S. This morning I read in the Casa Grande newspaper that a woman was arrested for stealing religious paintings and objects from a church to show God that there are still good people so that He wouldn't destroy the world.  Think about that one for awhile.

No comments: